I know as I’m typing this and it is gloriously sunny that my words will come back to haunt me as this weather is simply too good to be true. However, I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks to updating my Winter wardrobe going into Spring and what beauty bits and bobs I do in order to look and feel my best.
- Neutral belts. It’s no surprise that belts are going to be just as big as they were last season (and the few before). However, to update the same denim that I’ve been wearing year round I feel like switching up the colour palette of my belts and using lighter neutrals really helps to make my outfits feel more Spring ready.
- Invest in inexpensive little tops now. The best little tops come into store now. Wait a month and you’ll be too late – all the high Summer collections will have dropped and you’ll be navigating a sea of bright corals and fuchsias. If you are looking for chic off the shoulder/crochet/camisoles then start hunting them out around now and put them away for when you do need them (or rock them now with a black leather jacket). Bershka, Urban Outfitters, H&M Pull & Bear and Zara are my favourites.
- Use a gradual tanner. If like me your skin goes sallow and grey in the Winter and you want a very natural bronze then opt for a gradual tan on your legs and arms to ease you into a warmer hue. I’ve been loving the Guerlain Terracotta sunless tan one. It’s foolproof and comes out in a fine mist that smells incredible – usually anything ‘orange’ when related to tanning is a faux pas, but this has just the right amount of warmth which works a treat on olive skin tones like mine – Asian girls who get ashy tones in the Winter know what I’m talking about! I’ve also heard wonderful things about the La Mer one and it’s next on my to try list so stay tuned!
- Have a hair treatment – I went for a Kerastase Fusio dose treatment the other week and my hair has never been so shiny or frizz proof. It lasts for up to five washes and makes my hair all that more shiny in the sun. I had mine done at Daniel Glavin but I think they’re available at most Kerastase salons.
- Lastly, switch up your makeup a tad – opt for a tinted moisturiser over a full coverage foundation (I’ve opted for NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser), go for a peachy coral on the lips (YSL Coral Remix is my jam) and make yourself a cup of tea and take an hour to paint your nails and toes a gorgeous bright hue (I am loving Dolce & Gabbana Tropical Coral).
- OPTIONAL EXTRA – Treat yo self, as I did with my new Chloe Mily bag – an Easter present to myself and the first significant item I’ve bought with my blog earnings. I’m in love with it – expect a full YouTube review coming very very soon and also a Spring/Summer clothing haul 😉
SHOP THE POST